Hello, I’m Tarah Beaven
Hey there! I’m the artist behind the camera, and I specialize in maternity + newborns and family. My style is simple, artistic and natural for people who want to see the beauty they feel when connecting with loved ones. I believe humans are hardwired for connection – it’s what gives purpose and meaning to our lives.
I’m proud to continuously be named one of San Francisco’s Best Maternity and Newborn Photographers by Expertise.com. As a creative, I also write and photograph as a contributor to various publications such as Red Tricycle, Clickin Moms and Click magazine. I have been featured in Good Housekeeping, Yahoo!, Wall Street Journal, Click magazine, Beauty and Chaos and more. I studied photography at the Academy of Art in San Francisco.
Some fun facts about me:
- San Francisco has been my home for nearly 20 years and I love everything about the city and greater Bay Area. I love driving down the coast, checking out theater plays and museums with my son but most of all I love the people who live in this beautiful city – and don’t even get me started on all the yummy food and treats in San Francisco!
- I love being a parent in the Bay Area too. I’m such an urbanite and am so sentimental about raising my son here.
- I am very spiritual and will happily talk about all things woo-woo. From divine inspiration to mircales I believe deeply in God – no black magic going on over here.
- I’m a lifelong vegetarian (yup, I was raised a vegetarian). My favorite type of vegetarian food is Mexican and Indian dosas. I also like some really weird vegetarian food but that’s a different conversation.
- Organic and toxic free living is how I roll. From the soap I use to what I eat, I’m passionate about my products and food in my household. Some of my favorite brands are Ajne natural fragrance, Jane Iredale make-up, Saje essential oils and wellness and BetterLife cleaning products. If I was only allowed to bring one product with me to Mars it would be Dr. Bronner’s – peppermint is my favorite.
I look forward to meeting your family.