Hello, I’m Tarah Beaven
Hey there! I’m the artist behind the camera, and I specialize in maternity + newborns and family. My style is modern, artistic and natural for people who are sentimental about starting and raising their family in San Francisco, Bay Area.
I’m proud to continuously be named one of San Francisco’s Best Maternity and Newborn Photographers by Expertise.com. As a creative, I also write and photograph as a contributor to various publications such as Red Tricycle, Clickin Moms and Click magazine. I have been featured in Good Housekeeping, Yahoo!, Wall Street Journal, Click magazine, Beauty and Chaos and more. I studied photography at the Academy of Art in San Francisco.
Some fun facts about me:
- San Francisco has been my home for nearly 20 years and I love everything about the city and greater Bay Area. I love driving down the coast, checking out theater plays and museums with my son but most of all I love the people who live in this beautiful city – and don’t even get me started on all the yummy food and treats in San Francisco!
- I love being a parent in the Bay Area too. I’m such an urbanite and am so sentimental about raising my son here.
- I am very spiritual and will happily talk about all things woo-woo. From divine inspiration to mircales I believe deeply in God – no black magic going on over here.
- I’m a lifelong vegetarian (yup, I was raised a vegetarian). My favorite type of vegetarian food is Mexican and Indian dosas. I also like some really weird vegetarian food but that’s a different conversation.
- Organic and toxic free living is how I roll. From the soap I use to what I eat, I’m passionate about my products and food in my household. Some of my favorite brands are Ajne natural fragrance, Jane Iredale make-up, Saje essential oils and wellness and BetterLife cleaning products. If I was only allowed to bring one product with me to Mars it would be Dr. Bronner’s – peppermint is my favorite.
I look forward to meeting your family.